Online Casino Portugal – Top Gambling Sites With the Best Bonuses and Games in 2022
Portugal is home to delicious seafood, breathtaking sights, sunny beaches and, you’ve guessed it, a lively gambling scene! Online casino games are legal and regulated in the country – we’re here to get you started on the right foot and only sign up on the best online casino Portugal!
- Take Your Gambling Experience Further with The Best Online Casino Portugal in 2022
- Is Online Gambling Legal in Portugal?
- Online Casino in Portugal – Licensing & Security
- Payment Options at Online Casino in Portugal
- Online Casino Bonuses for Portuguese Players in 2022
- Games and Software Providers Found at Portuguese Online Casino
- Tips & Tricks to Choose the Right Online Casino in Portugal For You in 2022
- Land-Based Casino in Portugal
- What Does the Future Hold for Online Casino in Portugal?
- Best Online Casino Portugal FAQs
Take Your Gambling Experience Further with The Best Online Casino Portugal in 2022
$2,000 Welcome Bonus + 200 Free Spins
100% up to $/$200 + 200
Deposit $100, Play With $200+ 180 Free Spins
$25 Live Casino Welcome Bonus
Pinnacle Casino Play
125% Matched Deposit Offer
Up To $/$400 (5 BTC) + 200 Free Spins
$1,050 Welcome Package + 300 FS
100% Up To $300 Welcome Bonus
$8 Bonus, No Deposit
100% Bonus Up To $100 Or 1.5 BTC + 100 Free Spins
100% Bonus Up To $500 + 50 Free Spins
100% Up To $/$100 + 100 Free Spins
100% bonus up to $500 + 50 Free Spins
Drift Casino Play
100% bonus up to $500 + 50 Free Spins
100% up to $1000 bonus + 200 free spins
100% Up To $100 + 100 Free Spins
- Tsars – Weekend reload bonus + Wednesday mystery bonus
- King Billy – VIP club
- BitStarz – Loyalty program
- Pinnacle – Promotional cashback offers
- LevelUp – Tournaments and VIP program available
Is Online Gambling Legal in Portugal?
Portugal is not only a very beautiful country in the heart of the Iberian Peninsula, but it also has a rich gambling history – in-person games of luck and skill are a very popular pastime among locals and tourists.
Portugal houses one of the oldest and biggest working Casino in Europe, the Estoril Casino, which opened its doors in 1916.
Because of the country's favourable gambling attitude and landscape , online Casino have been fully regulated and legal since 2015. Besides the obvious benefits of a regulated market, they also bring a valuable contribution to the local economy via taxes.
The main licensing and supervisory authority for the gambling industry in Portugal is the Serviço de Regulação e Inspeção de Jogos do Turismo de Portugal (SRIJ).
If foreign operators wish to conduct business legally in the country and target Portuguese players, they need to apply for a license and comply with all necessary requirements (e.g. protection of minors, responsible gambling practices).
Starting 2016, after changes to local legislation, the Portuguese online gambling market saw a huge increase, as domestic and foreign international operators started applying for gambling licenses.
Betclic was one of the first platforms to get licensed and it remains a popular choice for Portuguese players today, alongside Estoril Sol Casino online.
Online Casino in Portugal – Licensing & Security
What you need to know before venturing out in search of the best casino online Portugal is that only licensed operators are legally allowed to accept players from your country. Because of that, unlicensed platforms will automatically get blocked by your internet service provider and the local regulator.
However, you can still access an online casino in Portugal licensed by other trustworthy European and international authorities, such as MGA (Malta Gaming Authority), Curaçao eGaming or UKGC (UK Gambling Commission). All of the above are known for upholding very high-quality standards.
Payment Options at Online Casino in Portugal
When it comes to banking, your regular Portuguese online casino provides plenty of choices, so you can enjoy flexible deposits and withdrawals. Many of the commonly listed options also support direct deposits in EUR – as such, any additional exchange fees and commissions can be avoided:
It’s impossible to browse through a list of online Casino in Portugal and not find bank cards from VISA or Mastercard Casino listed right at the top. Hugely popular in the European Economic Area (EEA) and worldwide, bank cards provide instant deposits and your transactions will be secured by the 3DS (3D Secure) system. If you also want to use this method for withdrawals, do keep in mind that first you must make a deposit, so the online casino in Portugal can verify your identity and source of funds.
According to public data by Juniper Research, it is forecasted that digital wallet spending will reach a staggering $10 trillion in 2025, encouraged by the rise of contactless payments and QR code payments. This also applies to the gambling industry and the Portuguese online casino market in general, where secure e-wallets are used predominantly for reasons such as speed, data confidentiality or convenience.
When playing from Portugal, you’ll find a selection of:
If you already use your mobile device or tablet to play real money slots or other casino games, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t also use it to fund your gambling account. Simply head over to a mobile casino Portugal (you can find a few suggestions in our table above) and select a popular mobile pay option, such as Boku, Siru, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay. Depending on the method chosen, the amount will get deducted from your phone bill or credit. Deposits will be instant at an online casino Portugal, however, unfortunately, you will need an alternative method for cashout.
Many players prefer to steer clear of traditional bank transfers due to how slow they can be. If you’re in this boat as well, a fantastic alternative to use in 2022 which you can find at your average Portuguese online casino is online banking via services such as Trustly or Rapid Transfer. You don’t need to create additional accounts, you simply insert your online banking credentials, authorize the transaction at your favourite online casino Portugal and enjoy faster money transfers.
If you value increased privacy when it comes to your gambling transactions, then look no further than an online casino in Portugal that accepts various cryptocurrencies for deposits and withdrawals, such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum or Dash. Luckily, if this is what you’re after, there’s no shortage of quality operators to choose from, many of which are licensed under the laws of Curaçao. Cryptocoin Casino are truly changing the game in 2022. They are breaking the boundaries of traditional finance by offering fast and secure transactions over the blockchain for gamblers worldwide.
Online Casino Bonuses for Portuguese Players in 2022
Top Portuguese online Casino like to treat their newcomers and loyal players as royalty and spoil them with many bonuses and promotions, such as:
- No Deposit Bonuses – these types of bonuses can be claimed by any new player at an online casino in Portugal after registering and verifying their account or, alternatively, by using a promo code to unlock the offer. They may consist of bonus money or free spins to use on selected slots and typically come with rollover requirements
- Matched Deposit Bonuses – this is the most popular offer that you can find at online Casino in Portugal and the primary sign-up bonus you can take advantage of. To claim it, you will need to make a minimum deposit and the online casino will usually match it by 100% or more
- Free Spins – because online slots are very popular in Portugal, many online Casino accepting Portuguese players will also offer a number of free spins with the welcome package. In general, you can only use these extra rounds at a particular slot (e.g. Book of Dead or Shining Crown), each free spin has a predetermined value and there are max. cashout limits to consider, as well
- High Roller Bonuses – if you typically deposit large sums of money on the platform, some Portuguese online Casino, such as Playamo, offer high roller bonuses. To claim such offers, you need to deposit above a certain threshold and you can get rewarded with cashback or matched deposit bonuses
One final note to remember is to carefully read the terms & conditions associated with any bonus at an online casino in Portugal – always aim for accessible rollover requirements (e.g. 25x), look for bonuses that don’t expire too fast so you have enough time to meet those demands and carefully read which casino games count for the wagering.
Games and Software Providers Found at Portuguese Online Casino
As you probably already suspected, some casino games are more popular than others, depending on geographical location, player preferences and even cultural factors.
If you visit an online casino Portugal, you will quickly discover which ones make the top of the list – games of chance and skill (slot machines, baccarat, poker, bingo and lottery), followed by live casino.
Lastly, because Portugal has always been a hub for all things gambling, there’s an influx of renowned software providers and game studios to choose from, such as IGT games, Microgaming casino titles, NOVOMATIC slots, Evolution Gaming live games or Quickspin slots.
If you’re a fan of online slots, we have the best news for you – the average online casino Portuguese features between 500-4000 titles in this category, so you can let your imagination run loose and experiment with popular themes, such as lucky 7s, fantasy, ancient civilizations or, better yet, even venture into the mystic Asia, without leaving your comfy couch!
Table & Card Games
Poker ranks the highest in popularity when it comes to Portugal online casino games and it’s a staple on most licensed platforms. Variations such as Casino Hold’Em, Omaha or Caribbean Stud Poker are also chosen daily by thousands of Portuguese players due to the favourable odds.
Other rewarding table and card games to go for on your next online casino Portugal visit are roulette, baccarat and blackjack played against the house. If you think you’ve got what it takes to beat the casino, there’s your chance to prove it!
For advanced players, these variations are fantastic if you never say no to a challenge – Spanish 21, Punto Banco and Multi-Ball Roulette!
If you value authenticity, it doesn’t get any better than live dealer games, as they essentially connect you with the feel of a real casino wherever you are. And, if you opt for a mobile casino Portuguese, you can experience all of the above from a tablet or smartphone, as well, if you have a reliable internet connection to support HD streaming.
The best online casino in Portugal allows you to interact with Portuguese or English-speaking dealers in a realistic setting, via high quality software from Evolution or VIVO Gaming. You can find multiple ways of enjoying classic live dealer games if you go for well-known variations, such as Live Casino Hold’Em, Immersive Roulette or Live Dealer Baccarat.
Game shows with live hosts are worth checking out, too, especially if you love highly interactive experiences. Our top picks for you are Dream Catcher and Monopoly Live!
Tips & Tricks to Choose the Right Online Casino in Portugal For You in 2022
After reading all of the above, you’re ready to break the ice and finally join an online casino Portugal…that’s great!
Here’s what to pay attention to so you make the right choice:
- Licensing information – you can typically find this information on the casino’s homepage: our advice is to match it with the Portuguese government’s public database to make sure the license is in good standing and the operator is not blacklisted
- Adequate customer support – it’s tremendously important, especially as a beginner, to receive speedy assistance if you can’t claim a bonus or verify your account. The best online Casino in Portugal provide 24/7 assistance via live-chat, contact form or e-mail, in both Portuguese and English
- Casino games that match your taste and budget – there’s no such thing as the best games offer, as subjectivity always dictates our choices. We recommend browsing through the games catalogue of every online casino Portugal before registering and even using the freeplay option to gauge what the betting ranges are like, what features are offered etc.
- Mobile apps are always a plus – if you gamble from a mobile device predominantly, it’s essential to find a casino mobile Portugal that fits your demands. Many operators either have optimized platforms or native gambling apps for Android/iOS that you can download
- Tailored bonuses & promotions – if you aim to become a long-term customer of an online casino Portugal, then you’ll want to make sure your loyalty is rewarded and that you can receive some exclusive bonuses as well, such as a personal account manager, access to high-end events or custom deposit/withdrawal limits
Land-Based Casino in Portugal
In Portugal, land-based Casino have been legal since 1989 and they are tightly knit to the local economy and the tourism industry. Due to that, there are 10 luxurious casino venues that you can visit as a resident or occasional globetrotter, such as Casino Estoril, Casino Chaves or Casino Lisbon.
All of the above hold an impressive number of over 5000 slot machines and 200 gaming tables for roulette, poker, dice, baccarat or blackjack.
What Does the Future Hold for Online Casino in Portugal?
Gambling in Portugal is one of the most popular pastimes for locals and tourists, both in-person and online.
A possible fork in the road for online Casino in Portugal to thrive over the long-term is the high taxation rates (between 15-30%), which may deter some foreign operators to set up shop here and get licensed. Portugal ranks the highest in taxes on gambling operators compared to all other European countries.
Keeping that in mind, there may be a positive in all of the above – high taxation rates and stringent regulations by the government will make sure only the best online Casino will get launched in Portugal and unlicensed activity will be discouraged.
So, what are you waiting for? Scroll on up to our toplist, and choose the best online casino Portugal for you!
Best Online Casino Portugal FAQs
Top online Casino in Portugal include the likes of Playamo, Twin and Bitstarz.
Yes. Online gambling is legal in Portugal, as long as you choose a licensed foreign operator.
No, quite the opposite. Not only are land-based Casino legal in Portugal, but they make up a big chunk of the country’s tourism revenue.
Interestingly enough, the legal gambling age in Portugal is 21 years old, as opposed to 18 years old, which is the standard in most European countries.
There are many factors to look into, such as licensing, games offer, bonuses and promotions, features of the platform, mobile optimization etc.
No. Player winnings at both land-based and online Casino in Portugal are tax-exempt.
- The Best Online Casino Europe 2022 The best online Casino in Europe are those that have a legitimate licence, and which also provide a wide array of games, generous bonuses, and have great security features....
- UAE Online Casino 2022: Your Full Guide The vibrant and luxurious cities of UAE, such as Dubai and Abu Dhabi, aren’t the Las Vegas of the Middle East, as gambling is completely banned. Despite this, many...
- 888casino Review Operating in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world, 888casino offer a great variety of games and great promotions, including one of the biggest no deposit bonuses...
We collaborate with industry experts to make sure that our readers are getting the best possible content. All our articles are there to improve your casino experience.